Who’s ready for another SmartKnit DIY Sensory craft? We are! Today we’re making Sensory Lap Belts. Our lap belt is a great tool to help provide some proprioceptive input for your sensory kiddo. It’s a great way to help a child control their fidgets and focus for school or any other task.
So without further ado, here’s how to make your own Sensory Lap Belt.
• 1 Long No-Heel Sock – We used one of our SmartKnit KAFO socks, but any long sock will do
• Needle and Thread
• Essential Oil – We used a calming lavender
- Fill your sock with rice.
- Fold the edges of the sock in to create a crease where you want the seam to be.
- Thread the needle and sew an invisible seam along the crease.
- Knot and snip your thread.
- Personalize your lap belt using the markers to create designs or doodles.
- Add a few drops of essential oil.
That’s it! So easy and fun!
Watch our step by step video here: