Welcome to April SmartKnitKIDS families!! April is National Autism Awareness Month and your friends at SmartKnitKIDS have a barrel full of goodies to share.
Bugsley Bucks Return
First, up, Bugsley Bucks! For the third year running and back by popular demand are our SmartKnitKIDS Bugsley Bucks. Here’s how they’ll work. During the month of April, you’ll get a $10 Bugsley Bucks card for every order that includes any SmartKnitKIDS or Big Kids with a subtotal of $25 to under $55. Bugsley Bucks cards can be used as a gift card on smartknit.com orders between May 15 and June 18, 2018. Likewise, you’ll get a $20 Bugsley Bucks card for orders between $55 and under $100 OR a $30 Bugsley Bucks card for orders over $100. Only one Bugsley Bucks card per order.
Each order to smartknit.com during the month of April that includes at least one SmartKnitKIDS or Big Kids item will also get two great free gifts – an Autism Awareness Car Decal AND Tangler Puzzle. Of course, they are while supplies last, so be sure to get your orders in early.
Mermaid Pillows and $20 SmartKnit.com Gift Cards
Have you seen these amazing and soothing Mermaid Pillows? We’re all kind of gaga over them here at SmartKnitKIDS. So, we’re giving away 5 of them during Autism Awareness Month! Each Monday in April, we’ll be giving away 1 Mermaid Pillow, and pairing it with a $20 gift card to smartknit.com.
Oh my! There’s more. Be sure to be part of our mailing list to find out about some surprise sales that might be sprinkled throughout the month!
We’re very excited about all of our great goodies for our SmartKnitKIDS families and we hope you are, too!
We are very excited to be able to offer two very unique giveaways for Mother’s Day!! These two beautiful purses were made with love by a long-time Knit-Rite/Therafirm employee, Gloria Ladines. Learn about Gloria and her bags from Gloria’s Creations below and click on the link to register to win. Contest ends on Saturday, May 7 at 11:59 p.m. Contiguous U.S. states only.
When Gloria Ladines retired from Knit-Rite’s Sewing Department in 2014, the highly skilled and talented seamstress wasn’t able to rest for long. She put her skills to work making beautiful diaper bags and purses.
Gloria began sewing as a 13-year-old girl in the Philippines, where she eventually opened her own shop making wedding dresses with her sister-in-law. In 1972 she married Dionisio Ladines, Jr. and together they had three daughters, Laurie, Leonida and Lourdes. Dionisio then began working towards immigrating to the United States for his family and by 1984 they had been accepted to immigrate. Gloria closed her wedding dress shop and the family came to the Kansas City area where soon after Dionisio Ladines began working at Knit-Rite. He had brothers-in-law that were already working at Knit-Rite, so it became a natural fit and a family tradition. Gloria stayed at home raising their daughters. In 1991, Dionisio and Gloria and their family became U.S. citizens. Once the youngest daughter, Lourdes, graduated high school in 1996, Gloria began working at Knit-Rite as a seamstress. For the next 10 years, she and Dionisio had lunch together every day while working. They watched all three of their daughters also come to work for Knit-Rite – Laurie and Leonida still do! Dionisio retired from Knit-Rite in 2006, before passing away in 2013.
Gloria and Dionisio Ladines and their daughters, Laurie, Leonida and Lourdes shortly after arriving in the United States.
Now in her retirement, Gloria will occasionally work a temporary part-time shift applying her skills and talents to many of Knit-Rite’s products. But, the majority of her time is spent with her daughters and grandchildren, and making her beautiful purses and diaper bags. Her bags are extra special because of the amount of love she pours into everything she makes.
At SmartKnit, we think the reasons to go seamless are truly endless! But, to celebrate our contest for a $100 Smartknit.com gift card for one lucky winner, we thought we’d list 100 reasons to go seamless! But, who better to tell you about why you should go seamless than our happy customers.
100 Super Reasons to go Seamless!
- “Great product. My son can’t do without them. Only socks he will wear. Great service with quick shipping.” – Nicole J.
- “Socks have been a daily morning trauma for our daughter. She loves these. We are replacing her entire sock drawer with SmartKnit. The savings in time and peace of mind are worth the cost.” – Andrew L.
- “These are the only socks my daughter will wear now. I am so thankful for your socks with truly no seems. My daughter used to wear flip flops in the winter just so she didn’t have to wear socks. Now that we found these we don’t have to go through tantrums and melt downs every morning. My daughter obviously has sensitivity issues so these socks have been a God send. Thanks.” – Liese Z.
- “My kids love these socks! They are easy to put on, and they love being able to walk around without having to worry about seams that might twist around and hurt their feet. I’m so glad I don’t have to argue with them about putting on socks. Great purchase!” – Jeri E.
- “These socks are the BEST! My 5 year old has been complaining about socks for as long as she could talk. These are game changers! No more frustration, no more tears, no more spending over 5 minutes each morning trying to get the toe seam just right. The first time she put on a pair, you could see the relief in her eyes! Thank you SmartKnit!” – Kelly W.
- “Our son has Sensory Processing issues, anxiety, and ADHD. Little basic tasks like putting on socks can ruin his mornings. He hates the seams and specifically the knots at the end of the seams. Thank goodness for these socks. Now he wants to put on his socks and is happy to get ready instead of battling every pair of other socks. Thank goodness we found these socks! I’m so thankful these are available for someone like our son. It makes our days better starting it off on the right foot!” – Tiffany W.
- “Wonderful! Our 6 year old w/SPD loves them! Thank you!” – Laci W.
- “Amazing.. my son will wear undies now :)” – Tara B.
- “My son loves these boxers! He puts them on and never complains that they bother him. It would be nice if they came in more colors.” – Jennifer P.
- “My daughter was so excited when she put them on. She said they felt as comfy as her jammies. That made for a happy mom, too.” – Sarah D.
- “My daughter hated panties and did everything to avoid wearing them. When the teachers started checking every morning, I had to find a seamless option. A Google search for SmartKnit turned everything around for us. Now she wears panties without tears and doesn’t think about them for the rest of the day. Life changing!” – Sophia D.
- “These are the only underpants my daughter will wear. We’ve struggled with getting dressed in the morning because every type of underpants has seams that really bother my daughter. Thankfully we found these!” – Anna L.
- “My daughter with sensory processing disorder loves the way it feels! That’s a win to me!” – Lori H.
- “I am extremely satisfied with my order! My daughter loves everything and is much more comfortable! Thank you!” – Michelle F.
- “Excellent product. My very “seam sensitive” daughter wears it and is comfortable.” – Kathryn E.
- “It is very comfortable to wear for my five year old grandson compared to his heavier vest. It is a lot cooler to wear for summer.” – Geri L.
- “What a fabulous product for our little ADHD guy. Tagless and gives him a little pressure which helps with proprioceptive and tactile senses. Seriously thank you!” – Kathy H.
- “My daughter loves her “hug shirts”. Her attention span in school is much improved with them. I highly recommend them if your child is working through sensory issues.” – Erin S.
Whew! That’s 18 great reasons to go seamless. We’ve got stacks and stacks of these here on our desks, and even more in the mailbox. But, we want you to add to our list. Give us your best seamless stories. What are the reasons you can think of to go seamless?
Don’t forget to enter our contest to win the $100 gift card to SmartKnit.com. One week only – December 14-20!
Life is fast these days. Most families are two-income families meaning that both Mom and Dad leave the house every day. And kids are busy, too. Evenings many times consist of racing to pick up the kids, before feeding them quickly and whisking them off to some activity.
Do you remember the phrase, “Take time to smell the roses”? Sometimes we need this gentle reminder to slow down and enjoy the life. To me, Family Fun Month is just that reminder. I need to take a few minutes to slow down and enjoy my family, just like we all do.
Family Fun Month is truly celebrating having fun with our families and enjoying being with the people we love. It doesn’t matter what you do, as long as you do it together. And one more thing; put the devices down and be engaged in each other. It won’t be long before your children are off to college or have families of their own.
Here are some great suggestions for celebrating Family Fun Month at every price level:
- Visit an Amusement Park – What kid doesn’t have memories of their favorite amusement park ride. Make some memories riding or sliding. Whether you have a family of roller-coaster-riding dare-devils or the tamer sort that prefers the carousel, this is truly a great place for family fun!
- Host a Living Room Dance Party – You heard that right! Move the furniture out, dim the lights and turn on your favorite dance music and have a blast dancing with your family. It’s great exercise, too!
- Beach Day – Take the family for a day at the beach. What family wouldn’t enjoy a day playing in the waves, building sand castles and soaking up the sun?! Even if you’re land-locked like my fam, there are plenty of beautiful and clean lake beaches to take advantage of.
- Go Camping – Take a drive out to a state park in your area and set up your family tent. After a day spent fishing or camping, gather around the campfire for some s’mores and story telling.
- Scavenger Hunt – Choose a location for a family hike – could be your neighborhood or a local hiking trail. Make up a list ahead of time of things you know you’ll find. Have the children check off the items during your hike.
- Miniature Golf – Visit a local miniature golf course and play a round. You can play the traditional version outdoors with the windmills and such, or try one of the indoor cosmic courses under the blacklights.
- Water Balloon Fight – Fill up a tub full of water balloons and set it up in the middle of the backyard. Ready, set, go!
- Go on a Picnic – This doesn’t have to be anything spectacular. Just pack up your lunch, some paper dishes, a blanket and you’re off! You can have your picnic in the backyard, a local park or just about anywhere that you enjoy.
- Go on a Bike Ride – What a great way to spend time with your family and get some great exercise, too. Start out slow with a trip around the block. For the more adventurous sort, you can go much further.
- Family Game Night – Pop some popcorn and pull out a classic board game or puzzle. Keep the TV off and spend time playing with your family.
SmartKnitKIDS wants to help you with your first Family Fun Month activity. Guess the number of puzzle pieces in the jar below. The closest guesser to answer soonest wins the puzzle (we promise all the pieces are there) AND a $40 gift card to purchase some family games at Fat Brain Toys (www.fatbraintoys.com).
ENTER TO WIN
At SmartKnitKIDS, we’re all about helping families and children to have seamless mornings. That’s why our seamless socks and undergarments are so special. With Back to School right around the corner, SmartKnitKIDS wants to help you have seamless mornings and a great BTS! Like SmartKnitKIDS, there are other great products out there that help to make mornings seamless and easy.
One such product is called Myself Belts. Myself Belts are the only one-handed fastening and unfastening belts currently on the market. The belts are easy to fasten and unfasten making them a great accessory for children, especially potty training toddlers and preschoolers. They are also great for older children, teens and adult that have hand dexterity challenges or other special needs. Myself Belts are made in a variety of colors and patterns, including school uniform appropriate colors.
Perhaps you remember seeing Myself Belts on the popular ABC show Shark Tank. On the October 31, 2014 episode, company founder Talia Goldfarb pitched her idea to the sharks. She struck a deal with Shark Daymond John and Myself Belts continues growing from there.
Myself Belts are the perfect partner for SmartKnitKIDS! That’s why we’ve partnered up to give away TWO Myself Belts to TWO lucky SmartKnitKIDS customers. So who wants to win two of these great products for kids? We hope everyone does. Click on the link below to enter!
Enter to Win!
Here’s to a Seamless Back to School!
What’s blue and sweet and reminds you to donate to SmartKnitKIDS’ Autism Awareness Campaign fundraiser?
A jar full of blue fruity candies!!
We want YOU to guess how many pieces of yummy fruit-flavored candies are in this jar. The first person to guess the closest without going over will receive an egiftcard to SmartKnit.com!*
ENTER YOUR GUESS
Next go to our campaign fundraiser page and DONATE! Your money will go to fund Autism Research. When you donate, you’ll receive a coupon code to use at SmartKnit.com – our gift to you for helping us reach our goal! It’s a win-win – super comfy seamless socks for you and an awesome donation to autism research for all of us!
April – Autism Awareness Month – is almost over, but with your help, we can spread awareness all year long. Remember, wear blue, share with your friends and family and donate to Bugsley’s Autism Research Campaign.
* eGiftcard is redeemable at SmartKnit.com. US/CA
Hi Kids! Do you what today is? St. Patrick’s Day! It’s one of my favorites. What bug doesn’t love a day dedicated to wearing green! You know what else St. Patrick’s Day reminds me of?! A big Pot o’ Gold!!
At SmartKnitKIDS, seamless socks are as good as gold. So, to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, Bugsette and I put together a big Pot o’ Socks for one lucky kiddo out there! We’re so excited about the Pot o’ Socks and hopefully you are, too.
Here’s how to play. See the photo of the big Pot o’ Socks? Guess how many individual socks you think ol’ McBugsley was able to fit in the pot. Click on the link below and have Mom and Dad help you make your guess. The closest guess without going over wins the pot! (Ties will go to the earliest guesser.) ***
(Mom and Dad, the Pot o’ Socks will also include a $25 gift card to
Let the guessing begin!
*** Entries will be taken until 11:59 PM CST on Sunday, March 22nd. US Residents only.